We, the Parish Church Council (PCC) of St Matthew’s in Yiewsley, fully endorse the Church of England’s safeguarding policy statement, “Promoting a Safer Church” and the London Diocesan Safeguarding Policy "Promoting a Safe Diocese".
“The care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of the whole Church. Everyone who participates in the life of the Church has a role to play in promoting a Safer Church for all.”
We have also adopted the Principles of the House of Bishops on safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk who enter St Matthew's which is based on the following six overarching policy commitments:
· Promoting a safer environment and culture
· Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Church
· Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
· Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
· Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
· Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
The PCC of this church has appointment Elaine Dunstan as our Church Safeguarding Office (CSO) and Linda Ryan as our Children’s Champion.
The first person to speak to is our Safeguarding Office, Elaine Dunstan, if you have any concerns around the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult. You can contact Elaine on 07954 783343.
· Out of hours advice can be sought from the CCPAS helpline on 0845 1204550.
· Annette Gordon, Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser : 0207932 1224
· Family Lives : 0808 800 222 (Previously Parentline)
· Childline : 0800 1111
· NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
· Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
· NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
· Samaritans: 116 123
· National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
· Action On Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141